Hong Kong Crowdfunding Association
We give life from your creativity
The Hong Kong Crowdfunding Association is dedicated to promote, support, and protect the Hong Kong crowdfunding market. We provide our members with opportunities to form the industry, learn the details of the marketplace, stay informed and stay ahead, and the opportunity to network with others involved in this revolutionary new way of financing.
What is Crowdfunding?
storyLet your potential funders know how your product or business idea can benefit them. Share who you are, where the project idea came from, what you're planning to do, what your budget is and why you're passionate about it. This shows that you've actually put some thought into the idea, which helps prove the legitimacy and credibility of your project.
Offer attractive rewardsPeople will back your project if they think it's worthwhile, but it's always good to have great benefit for your pledgers too.
You need to figure out what you can and cannot offer, and there are some restrictions you should be aware of. You need to be fair with your rewards in terms of price points...
Set a funding goalYou should be aware of that some of the crowdfunding platforms are working in an all-or-nothing funding model. If you meet or exceed your funding goal, you get to keep the money. If not, you will get nothing. Some platforms work on a slightly different model where you get to keep the funding regardless of whether you reach your goal.
Promote your campaign
There are many different ways to make people aware of your crowdfunding campaign. Here are several tips for getting the word out there:
- Utilize social media to spread the message.
- Reach out to the media and bloggers to get coverage for your campaign.
- Host a live event to drive up interest and engagement.
Update your backers as your project progressesYou need to keep your project backers in the loop as you move forward with your campaign. If you don't share regular updates with them, you could lose their interest and you may not be able to attract as many pledgers as you......
Fulfill your promiseCrowdfunding campaigns aren't over if and when you reach your funding goals. They are only over when the creator has fulfilled their promises. This means completing your project, delivering on your perks or rewards, and making sure that you're communicating with supporters every step of the way.
- Investments and donations will be kept separate from our business, in client accounts or similar segregated money-handling structures.
- We will put in place processes to ensure that our investor and donor information is kept safe and secure and that it can still be accessed in the event that we cease to operate.
- We will also put in place processes to ensure that holdings of investments can continue to be accessed in the event that we cease to operate.
- We will ensure transparency so that at all times investors or donors can see information on their money; including where it is kept, amount and transactions.
- Our terms and conditions will be clearly written and will explain exactly how the investment process works, what our duties and responsibilities are......
- We agree to provide a cooling off period in case our investors or donors change their mind after making an investment or donation.
- We will hire competent, professional, honest people and make sure we have the right systems and processes to run our businesses safely......
- We will ensure that our IT systems and business processes are secure, reliable and proportionate to the nature......
- If investors or donors are unhappy about any aspect of a member’s service, they will be able to complain and we will publish our performance on complaints on the HK Crowdfunding Association website every year.
- We will comply with the laws and regulations applicable to our sales and marketing activity, and ensure that all HK Crowdfunding Association members’......